Coordination of Care
Boulder Breast Center offers coordination of care and comprehensive breast care. Our team strives to connect the pieces of your treatment plan so that you can get back to life.
Care Coordination Services offered:
- Expedite scheduling of newly diagnosed patients through reserved scheduling slots
- Design well-integrated plan of care
- Begin treatment plan immediately
- Electronic Health Records help us to keep your health care team informed
- Breast Surgery Options
- Initial Genetic Testing if applicable (Myriad)
- Annual Follow-up Care Notifications
- Breast Cancer Follow-up Exams
- Breast Cancer Risk Assessment
- Counsel patients throughout their journey Ready for Recovery (Journey Journal)
- Participation in Weekly Cancer Conference with multi-disciplinary team
Access to Multi-Disciplinary Specialists:
- Access to Breast Health Navigator (Please See Below)
- Advanced Imaging Studies with Local Radiologists
- Local Cancer Specialists
- Local Reconstructive and Plastic Surgeons
- Physical and Occupational Therapists
- Cancer Support Groups
Breast Cancer Navigator
Receiving a breast cancer diagnosis is always overwhelming, both emotionally and intellectually. There are a multitude of options regarding the type of surgery, chemotherapy, radiation and coordination of these modalities. A Nurse Navigator is the best resource to support and guide an individual through this difficult process. A Nurse Navigator provides emotional support, medical information and logistic assistance so that the journey through breast cancer treatment can be as efficient and comprehensive as possible. They are the tour guide on your journey so that you do not get lost or miss any important sites.
Helping You Through the Breast Cancer Process
Boulder Community Hospital has a full time Breast Health Navigator available for your support during this often confusing and difficult time. It is often a challenge emotionally, socially and financially. Nanna Bo Christensen, RN, CBCN, is a trained oncology nurse who provides support, education and navigation regarding any breast health issues, including imaging procedures, surgery, radiation, chemotherapy and hormone therapy.
Nanna Bo is available to:
- Help organize the vast amounts of clinical information.
- Ensure timely access to the care team i.e. physicians, psychosocial support, social worker, genetic counselor, etc.
- Work with the physician team to ensure patient understanding of clinical information and treatment choices.
- Coach the patient though decision conflicts and support informed medical decision making.
- Coordinate and streamline access to the different tests and procedures.
- Initiate discussion between the patient and their medical team regarding health and wellness during treatment i.e. exercise and nutrition.
- Identify non medical resources and connect the patient to secondary navigators to ensure access to these needed services.
- Provide support and resources well into the post-treatment survivor-ship phase.
Please feel free to contact her at 720-854-7057 with any additional breast health needs or for possible financial needs regarding breast imaging procedures and/or treatment.
Boulder Breast Center
Our goal is to coordinate your care allowing you to get back to life. Please call us today at 303‑449‑3642 to schedule an appointment or ask a question. The entire Boulder Breast Center team is here to help.